Tuesday, August 23, 2005

This is only for Edith Finistère

I’m sorry, Edith. You’re right. It’s false advertising. The promised cookies haven’t exactly been forthcoming. So I give you: Chocolate Chip Cookies, the recipe. And no talk of flaps or islands for a while.

INGREDIENTS:
· 1 cup butter, room temperature
· 3/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
· 2 eggs
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 to 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
PREPARATION:
In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars until light. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
Sift together the flour, salt baking powder, and soda; stir into the first mixture, blending well. Stir in chocolate chips.
Shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
Makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies.

Alternatively, Betty Crocker makes a mean Brownies mix. Just add and egg, water, oil, and chopped walnuts. Wonderful.

3 comments:

Edith Finistere said...

Thank you, Ysengrin.
Eh, would you mind uploading a small videofile in which you demonstrate how you make the chocolate chip coockies please?

mc said...

I would, if I had a camcorder, but I'm sadly under-equiped. Honestly.

Edith Finistere said...

Mon dieu! I had no idea you were sadly under-equiped. Can't you date someone who is over-equiped?