Monday, February 15, 2010

1. I'll land at 4.30, he said.
I'll call you as soon as I'm through, he said.
I can't wait to see you, he said.
That was via email, so he couldn't see just how vigorously I was nodding.

2.At 3pm the flat was under control, dust swept under the sofa, cat ready, his fur all brushed and with a fetching side parting.
At 3.30 I had a bath in my Most Luxurious Bath Products.
At 4pm I made my hair shiny-shiny and put on some clothes, like I hadn't really tried very hard - ha, who am I trying to fool? This jumper that slips off my shoulder, do you really think it's an accident? Well, do you?
At 4.30 I checked the Heathrow website to make sure no plane had crashed while I wasn't looking.
At 5pm I danced a little round the kitchen in anticipation.
At 5.50 I suddenly felt really tired and made some coffee.
It's now 6.35 and NOTHING.

But I'm keeping the faith, bloggers. He's not like that. Right?

9pm update: I knew it,  it wasn't entirely his fault, he's just challenged with writing down phone numbers and left dispairing voice messages on someone else's answerphone all afternoon.. until he realised.

2 comments:

eroica said...

phew, he's not perfect!
;-)
xx

helena said...

yes, you'd get incredibly bored with perfection...I would imagine you would anyway.