In the darkroom
An Oxford Street bar was recently the source of heightened media attention when it was announced that their restaurant was soon to be transformed into a glorified darkroom, all in the name of a new straight dating craze. Think Hoist for heterosexuals, only without the rough sex, anal fisting and daisy chains.
BORING.
The traditional gay male courting ritual of darkroom cruising has long been revered across the London LGBT community as a highly civilised and reliable way of meeting a compatible lifetime partner. No I’ve never been, I was only.. told about it. Repeatedly. But anyway - this tried and trusted format has now been bastardized by money-grabbing restaurant dating entrepreneurs peddling their seedy new craze, named "Dinner in the Dark".
Trying to cash in on this respectable gay institution, they host dinner dates between unhappily single middle-class city dullards either with attractiveness issues, really bad dress sense, or both.
The …clients… patients…poor sods are relieved of 45 quid, plied with a meagre amount of food and a lot of alcohol, then left in pitch-blackness to sit there like lemons and convince either themselves or each other that they are even vaguely eligible. If alcohol follows its course, things should presumably get steamy. Until they turn the lights back on, I should think.
It gives you a chance to let your personality shine through, they say. People are too judgmental when they date in normal sunlight, they say. And so on. Or in a city full of genetic accidents, is this the only hope they have of getting a shag?
Think I’m lying? Then check out this link - Don't say I didn't warn you!
full story
Michel Simon dans un musée du sexe ?
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment