Disappointment
Today it snowed for nearly three hours. I watched the flakes from my bedroom windows, waiting for the build up before I could run out in my mummy outfit and be merry; but each flake melted as it touched the ground.
Distraction
Over the past two days, I read for over 18 hours : a detective novel involving an accordion player, two prostitutes and a medievalist; a treaty on the epidemics of plague in Europe; and a book entilted ‘the perfect masochist’s manual. All this alowed me to ignore Christmas as comfortably as possible.
Delay
I have oodles of things to write about my mother, but I woudn’t even know where to start, so I’ll keep it for some other time.
Dream
I dreamt that I was in a hospital losing a considerable amount of blood; doctors assured me that it was because I had swallowed a spoon. I was adamant that such a thing was impossible since I didn’t not use sugar or milk in my tea, therefore never needed to stir, therefore did not use spoons. The puddle of blood around me was spreading; then A appeared and told me she was going to the beach and I could come along if I wanted. I hesitated because a) I had no towel and b) I was still hemorraging, but I tagged along anyway, then I threw up into my beach bag. She went on and I just sat on the ground and cried. When I woke up I had a sore throat, so now I’m not sure about the spoon aspect.
Delivery
Just as well that yesterday, Pope John Paul II delivered his annual urbi et orbi blessing for Christmas. I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling better already.

2 comments:
If you are looking for an exciting book then get this:
The Little Drummer Girl : A Novel
by John le Carre
If you by chance can get the book on tape I highly recommend it.
someone
I've read it, it's good. I like John Le Carré. I'll be grateful for more suggestions.
Post a Comment