Monday, June 05, 2006

What does it mean # 483

1.I dreamt that this blog had been hijacked; it was now called www.communist.12. Why 12? No idea. It still looked like it does now, but instead of my ramblings were eulogies of dead communists. I was tracking down the hijacker and shouting: ‘ How could you do that? I’ll kick your ass; I have the tools and I have the people.’ Do I?..

2.Blogfolks, it’s true that this blog deserves to be hijacked; it’s not like I’ve been writing much of late. Too much has been happening in real life, you see. Forgive my mysteriousness. Is that a word? I don’t know.

3.I have been, in no particular order: getting used to my mother’s new face; painting the bathroom walls; realising to what extent decent medical care in the UK is for rich people; reading Spanish crime novels; trying to figure out how to wean myself off therapy; eating olive and almond paste on toast; counting the days til I’m off to Granada; wanting to buy green shoes but not finding any; feeling incredibly lucky that I have a few fantastic people who really love me. Yes.

That’s all. That’s a lot.

4 comments:

Cadence said...

I can only speak for myself, but mine is more really, really. Really it is.

Anonymous said...

Forgive me for my poor info, but I thought everyone in Britan got, say, free health care. Socialized medicine. No?? You mean you actually have to pay for it like us poor slobs?

Anonymous said...

Why green shoes?

Anne - yes, we have socialized medicine, but still you get quicker and sometimes better treatment if you're willing to pay. And some areas will not offer treatments for free that other areas will. (for example, certain Cancer drugs are available in some areas of the U.K, but not others. BUt if you pay for your healthcare, then you can have what you want)

Anonymous said...

"feeling incredibly lucky that I have a few fantastic people who really love me. Yes."

I SO agree with you. I feel extremely lucky to be loved by a few very intelligent, special, cultured, perceptive, warm-hearted ... and wonderful people.