Monday, July 10, 2006

Montagne russe

Minus
My Special lady Friend has been in a bad mood for the past two days, and I didn’t manage to make it better. Nor did I really have the time or the energy to try harder because work’s been a bitch.

Plus
Today, someone at work who likes me gave me various Italian delicacies in a basket, and a bottle of champagne.

Minus.
Italian food. Perhaps it was a subtle way to allude to the world cup final?
I don’t like champagne.

Plus.
I don’t give a rat’s arse about football, and if you add Crème de cassis to a glass of champagne it’s a drink worthy of the gods.

Minus.
Yesterday, someone I know lost three fingers in an epileptic fit/freak hairdryer accident.

Minus.
She is was a pianist.


In my most childish, impossible, fairytale daydreams, I’m always a healer. Of moods, bumps, bruises, breaks, pains, and of lost fingers. Once I read somewhere that wishing for magic was one of the signs of depression. I do it all the time! Don’t you?

5 comments:

PPQ said...

Hmmm, I thought everyone did...does that make everyone depressed?!

David said...

Oooohh Cassis.

Anonymous said...

My sympathies to the pianist. That's so sad.
No chance of a prothesis(sp) or anything?
Hmm... I should really put all my comments in gigantic (sp) brackets. Would save a lot of time....

Anonymous said...

What a terrible accident, my sympathies.

I also ask what is Cassis?

Hope your SLF is feeling more gregarious now. ;)

bestest, hayley

mc said...

Cassis, people who asked, is blackcurrant liquor. Ay que rico!