Tuesday, September 28, 2004

On a more personal note

Because of the planes, I sleep with earplugs.
The phone rang; I sprang out of bed as I do, picked up, said ‘hello’; naturally I couldn’t hear a thing because of the blue foam still lodged into my ear canal. It was J’s mom. She and I don’t communicate very well at the best of times. Because we have to work hard at each other’s accent, every phone conversation is a mini marathon.


I finally came out to my brother last night.
He’s very good at avoiding important issues, such as life, death, or love. I’m usually very good at putting them right in his face; but this particular point had, somehow, remained fuzzy over the years. Now he knows. It’s a relief. I wasn’t so sure. Now all the close relatives have been suitably informed of my shenanigans.


We fought, we broke up; at a distance of 6000 miles, we still manage to fight some more. Or, rather, we still manage to misunderstand each other to the point where communication breaks down altogether. I would never have thought that I could deeply love someone, yet be chronically infuriated, unsettled, and/or hurt by their behaviour.
Lesbian drama.
My brother is right; women are too complicated.
Back to earplugs.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You speak the truth!

Vanessa

mc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mc said...

Pfff. sometimes I understand the attraction of convents.. no, but really.