-Now, in yoga, why do they feel they have to name every pose after something in nature? asks J.
-That’s a totally rhetorical question, isn’t it, I answer.
-Tree pose, camel, cow pose, all the farm animals. Bo-ring.
-Since when are camels farm animals? Do you think they should have picked things having to do with food or something? The doughnut pose? The caramel flan pose? The chocolate éclair?
-I think they should have picked names of jobs, so that the poses match what people do in their job. That’d make more sense.
-Ah, I see. Like Lollipop lady pose, one arm stretched out in front of you, the other all the way up?
-Yeah! He enthuses.
-And the Plumber pose, designed to make the most of your bum crack? That’d be a classic.
I try to picture what pose my job would entail. Probably one where you frown a lot.

the well-known Doughnut pose
2 comments:
I think my posture would be a slouching, sighing type arrangement using intricate finger movements that would re-enact coffee drinking or head scratching.
So, the Decomposing Corpse pose for B, and The Sighing Scratcher for Greavsie.
Nice.
Post a Comment