Friday, February 24, 2006

Red Bush tea is not a stimulant

Blogpeople, have you read ‘The Number one Ladies’ detective agency’ by Alexander McCall Smith? The one with Precious Ramotswe, you know, solving adulteries and disappearances in Bostwana. Cute, simple, with endearingly candid characters. Is compulsory candidness a Bostwana thing? So candid that on a bad day I might say that he makes everyone sound slightly retarded. I reckon the book boosted the red bush tea sales so much that now even Sainsbury’s stocks it. And then yesterday my even-slower-than-usual brain demanded another easy read; so I picked up ‘44, Scotland street’. Well, in Alexander McCall Smith’s books, all the characters are…. ..endearingly candid.
(Today’s a good day.)

In other news, I have no other news. I hope you are surviving February and taking your vitamins, sleeping well at night and getting plenty of cuddles. Be well.

5 comments:

eroica said...

a couple of christmasses ago my ma bought me "morality for beautiful gorls". i finally got around to reading it recently, and honestly..? it just fucked me off. candid schmandid.
(and i discovered red bush tea, rooibos to those in the know, well before i had the misfortune to have old alex introduced to me. a delightful beveridge i must say)
oops i'm mini-ranting... see ya...

eroica said...

ahem, girls rather than gorls.

Cadence said...

But 'morality for beautiful gorls' sounds so much more interesting. Maybe if you had read that instead, you wouldn't have been so fucked off? I think I'll just stick to the cuddles and horrid tea.

mc said...

Frogstar- yes. I was trying to be polite about it..

Sortof- it's a deal.

Random Reflections said...

I suspect it is just me, but I actually found the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency a bit depressing and dark, rather than the light hearted read everyone else seems to think it is.

The weird workings of my mind I guess...