Thursday, July 07, 2005

I’m angry.

‘If you have pictures of the bus’ top being ripped apart, do send them to us’, says BBC2.
‘Let’s hear the tales of survivors’, they say.
‘A couple is reunited after the blast’


They don’t need to tell us how to feel.
They don’t need to tell us if we should cry.
And they shouldn’t ask for pictures of the wounded and the dead and people running away with blood on their face.
It’s obscene, more obscene than donkey porn.

That’s pretty much all I’ve got to say for myself this morning, except that my friends are all in one piece and I better call my mom. Then bawl, or something.

7 comments:

fishboy said...

*hugs* I can't imagine what it must be like there now - or for the next few days.

I'm very glad you're ok.

Anonymous said...

I was about to email you to make sur eyou were okay. Then I thought to check here. I'm very relieved that you're okay. I hope we can talk soon...

-jeffrey-

eroica said...

i'm so glad you're ok, y.
*hugs*
god, what a fucking situation.

PPQ said...

Good, you're safe.
x

Anonymous said...

It's only the attack itself that's obscene. Everything else is consequential.

*HUGS*

mc said...

Thank you, kind people from Far Away Lands. I suppose we can look at it like this: there were 700 casualties in a city of 10 milion inhabitants. That's a 0.07% chance for each of us to be hurt. Stil too much, I suppose...

Vanessasparilla: somehow I get more indignant at the treatment of the news than at the facts themselves. I don't know why. Maybe because I was assumiig this was going to happen and I thought it'd be even worse.

mc said...

Nope. Wrong. 0.007%. I can't count.