Friday, February 27, 2004

Ruer dans les brancards
It’s been a day of feeling trapped at work. Some days, the cage doesn’t feel so small, and at 4pm I can just slip out, take off the ball and shake off the chain, dismiss the whole thing as an occupation, and resume my life. Some days I feel an intense need for an overhaul. I am hoping that as I grow less scared of the big wide world, I’ll leave the stifling cocoon behind for good.
Pah; my metaphors are shit.
I don’t like being reminded of just how backwards everyone is in there. I do not like having to hear that women are inferior to men and that their part in life is to support the men around them, come what may; I do not like hearing that all true authority is masculine. I do not like hearing that the notion of gay marriage or even cohabitation between two members of the opposite sex is an insult to God. And I do not like having to keep my big mouth shut. I do not like not being able to retort that the real insult is this: that theirs is a world where a super-millionaire pop princess can get trashed and hitched in one sweeping movement, only to get the whole thing annulled twenty four hours later, a world in which marriage is still denied to two people who have loved each other for years.

Sometimes I just think I am selling out and I panic.


On a very different note.. well, maybe not so different… I give you...


How to pray for pornography addicts and the people who love them

I wonder how many of my co-workers are addicted to porn.

No comments: