Saturday, April 22, 2006

Ribbit

-Look what I got for my birthday! she chirps.
It looks like the upper half of a dead toad, to which is sewn a piece of string.
Wait.
It is the upper half of a dead toad, big as my hand, dried and turned into a purse.
-Wow. Who got you this, then?
-A friend of my parents’. She’s from the Philippines.
-Is it a good luck thing? Was it wrapped? How did you react when you got it?
I blurt out.
Yeah, it was wrapped, and I screamed, she giggles.
I ponder for a second.
-No matter what you do, don’t kiss it, it might turn into a prince.
-So, that’ would be cool, wouldn’t it?
-Don’t think so. He’d still be missing his lower half, wouldn’t he?








11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeewwwwww!!

But interesting...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

fishboy said...

That is so *wrong*!
...and I want one!

Anon said...

That is so wrong yuk :-)

Kiera said...

I have no words.

mc said...

Thank you, kind blogpeople, but it's not MY birthday. Or my present. Thankfully. Nor a hint at to what birthday present I might ant (next month.)Definitely not that..

Cadence said...

Damn. I'll send it back then.

gregor said...

that so rocks!

eroica said...

how awful.
god, humans are so fucked up. who would *do* that to an animal purely for the sake of carrying money???
jeez.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear god! wh..wh..what the...why?

PPQ said...

*hnugghh*

Speechless.

it's my birthday next month too - yay!

Anonymous said...

maybe for your bday you'd like a Giant Madagascar Hissing Cockroach Brooch? Seemingly they can live for a year with their tasteful crystal decoration... what else are the rest of the creatures in the queendom good for?