Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Today was not for farniente, today was busy, blogfolks.

In fact, I have serious questions.

1.Why is it always when I am up to my elbows in cat litter (cleaning, people, cleaning) that my face starts to itch uncontrollably?

2.Why do car drivers roll down their window before lighting up? Is it because they like fresh air, or because they don’t want to breathe in their on second hand smoke?

3. Should I book myself on that intensive summer course in Granada, Andalusia, considering the fact that Spanish people never sleep, whilst I can’t function on fewer than 8 hours’ sleep, and that Andalusians don’t pronounce their consonants properly?

4. How come my sudden, acute bouts of deep despair seem to be cured by any of the following realisations, and could I bottle them up and sell them?
1. Who cares, in 80 years’ time I’ll be dead anyway
2. there is some leftover cake!
3. I should do that bum-clenching pilates thing, that’ll teach me to be miserable. Aha!

5. Where should my SLF and I go for our summer holiday this year?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Les-Vos. ;0)

Anonymous said...

Go to Granada - Spaniards sleep in the afternoon you know....

Anonymous said...

1. Tends to be your pores being blocked by 'stuff' but trying to sweat. Makes you itch. You can get it during 'vigorous cleaning' too - especially if hoovering a thick pile carpet. Dust flies up into your pores, you're working hard and trying to sweat it out, but pores are blocked, so you sweat some more to try to unblock them, then get itchy.

2. Usually because it's a company car / their other half doesn't smoke and they'll get in *major* trouble for smoking in the car. But somehow we think that opening the window will make it not smell.

3. The Spanish sleep in the afternoon. Grab all opportunities!

4a) Good point!
b) There is always enough room for cake. And cake can cure all manner of horrible thoughts and feelings. The stickier the better :)
c) The 'bum clenching' thing. Never done it. But can imagine that it works other muscles down there too (Kegel, I think?). Some women can have very intense experiences doing that!

5. Blackpool! Or Brighton. Or.. I don't know. What do you like in a holiday.

Have I fixed your life now? Do I get a cookie? :)

eroica said...

1. because it's funny
2. less smoke smell on the clothes. and it's a good place to flick the ash, out the window like.
3. go to south america instead. much cooler.
4.i'll buy a bottle if you figure it out.
5. aotearoa! please!

30-Something said...

2. Because it's hard to see a potential head on collision through the thick smog of exhaled smoke.

5. Recdar. It'll be harder to understand the accent than Spanish but good practice for you, you multi-lingual bastard*.

*I'm only jealous. I love a lady who can speak more than one langauge and wish I could too.

mc said...

Kiera- We're thinking about. It's the safe option, I s'ppose. But it might also be nice.

Anonymous person - aye, I've thought about that.

Lemonpillows- a cookie you certainly deserve for your thoughtful answers! But Blackpool, I think not.

Frogstar - South America is appealing, from it's pricy to fly there from where I am. And Spain is very cool too, thank you very much!

30-something - 2! Aha! I think you got the answer that makes the most sense. To me anyway.