1. Blogfolks, I am cold.
My boiler has died again; the end of the world feels pretty fucking nigh: I am currently under two itchy camel pube blankets, typing with fingerless gloves and not looking forward to more cold showers - how very Dickensian.
I'm considering having watery porridge for dinner just to stretch out the theme a little.
2. Just when I was having a non-date weekend, eyeing up that ever growing pile of DVDs. I should have gone out tonight, really I should have, and warmed myself to the flame of casual banter and light flirting with a stranger - don't you think? I do. Instead, I'll put on a woolly hat and watch 'let's talk about the rain' , feel slightly sorry for myself and polish off the rest of the brownies. Aha, not feeling so flirty now, Y, are we?
No, we're not. Meh.
3. I find myself somehow addicted to the constant stream of attention that comes from all this hectic dating I have been doing.
Blogpeople, I check my email three hundred times a day, give or take a few.
I shake my phone just to make sure it's still working.
4. I saw Mandatearnold again yesterday. In fact, I went round to his place for tea and cake.
Tea and cake, blogcitizens!! That is far too civilised.
I should be ashamed of myself.
We just...chatted. Then had tea, and cake.
This is going horribly wrong, isn't it.
Michel Simon dans un musée du sexe ?
5 years ago
5 comments:
Tea and Cake sounds like rather a good sort of date actually.
Although now I think about it, it does sound like a euphemism.
Hope the boiler starts working soon!
PS. What sort of cake?
And what kind of tea? You're supposed to be able to divine the future from tealeaves and the variety of tea must be a component of that.
It doesn't sound at all wrong to me - it sounds lovely. But maybe my expectations have been diminished.
Sending you warm thoughts - I'd send some actual warmth but I'm not in Sydney anymore and don't have any to spare!
Helena - chocolate. It was a request, so I made chocolate cake. And good old English blend tea in teabags, so no reading the leaves for what the future holds..
It was lovely, actually. I think I would have liked a little more.. tension?
Ah...if you want more tension then you have to drink Lapsang Soushon (sp)and eat ginger cake.
Ah, that's a point. Ginger cake. I'll think of it next time. Or put chili in my chocolate cake.
Post a Comment