After how many dates does one turn into a serial dater?
If someone is considered to be a serial killer after three murders, should serial dating should follow the same criterion?
Hello, bloglandia, my name is Y and I'm a serial dater.
This is getting fun, blogfolks, I admit it.
Fairly wonderful for my ego, yes, certainly, but also a whole new perspective for me.
I have always been so serious, so single-minded, so fixated perhaps; channeling whatever hopes and emotions and desires I had to channel into a given person at a given time.
For the first time my itinerary is different, allowing me to look and consider and pause and understand more about myself, what I want, what I inspire in others, what different people inspire in me. I'm not seeing this dating process as a cynical shopping trip at all; my posts about mandates may sound flippant, but that's just a pretense, blogfolks, just a show. The mandatejohn fireworks and subsequent fiasco has been a learning experience and I won't get carried away so easily now.
I'll pace myself now and just enjoy the ride.
Guess what, blogpeople : I got an email from mandatejohn today; it said 'I'm in Africa for two weeks; I look forward to seeing you when I get back',
Well, I said, I'll keep busy in the meantime. Oh, and make sure you don't get eaten up by a lion or anything.
Be well, thank you for stopping by!
Michel Simon dans un musée du sexe ?
5 years ago

6 comments:
I think you get called a serial dater after about a hundred dates or so...so nothing to worry about.
Keep it up! I think you're a inspiration.
Ok, Helena, so I have room for manoeuvre. That's good.
fb- I will. And I'll tell you all (or almost all) about it. And if I ever get bitter/cynical about it you'll have to point it out to me..
You're doing remarkably well - a couple of weeks looking at profiles was enough to turn me entirely cynical.
All I can say is it's because you dodn't come across mine. Obviously.
There.
There's really everything. So far what I have seen range from the gruesome to the hilarious (not in a good way), to the intriguing (both good and bad), to the stereotypical (even worse than gruesome..), the pompous, the 'hi baby', golden chain brigade... I have to say my heart sinks every time I get a suit & tie kind of picture with the word 'conservative' at the bottom - just because I can spell doesn't mean I'm going to fit into your vision of the world, no sir...or you into mine. Anyway. I'm keeping my mind open. And responding politely to the 'hi baby whassup' gang.
I have to say I only once looked at the 'competition' and was not particularly dismayed by what I found. Although it did solidify my opinion that dating sites are not for such as me if those are the kind of guys that use them.
As for the women.. honestly - there was all of one 'matched' profile that even piqued my interest. Mostly they were generic Aussie chicks who, often as not, couldn't tell the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. Yes I'm a pedant. And doomed to be alone and bitter with my dictionary and thesaurus.
I'm glad you're finding interesting types, even the ones you're not interested it sounds like you had fun with.
Post a Comment