Sunday, January 24, 2010

1. This morning, bloggers, it's ALL HAIL THE NEW BOILER! Warmth and high spirits have been restored, hair has been washed properly.The cat doesn't want to kill me anymore, arguing that the staff (me) doesn't take care of him properly.
I am watching the winter rain drip pathetically outside my bedroom window and I don't even care - I'm warm and there is brioche to be had with my tea.


2. Friday night was mandate night, and my mandate was Stuart.
Mandatestuart was shy at first but I am fairly good at breaking the ice if I sense there might be some chemistry - and boy, was there chemistry.
Mandatestuart has a big brain and is passionate about what he does and if I used his real name you could google him and you would be impressed too.

Mandatestuart has an open, sensual face, a big smile and bitable lips.
Mandatestuart has wide shoulders under the white shirt, and strong hands.
Mandatestuart is seriously sexy, in a slightly guarded kind of way.

As a child, Mandatestuart was probably a secretive insect collector.
I suspect that Mandatestuart doesn't know how sexy he is.

Mandastuart is probably too romantic, too deep and too easily hurt for me.


We drank wine, walked in the rain, had tapas in a suitably overcrowded bar, walked in the rain some more and stopped and looked at the view from the Jubilee bridge. We talked about what you talk about when there is chemistry with someone you hardly know.


At the end of the evening, Mandatestuart said I was 'everything I was hoping you would be'.*
I am still glowing from that, blogfolks. And yes I would love to see him again, and I'll try to not hurt the romantic, secretive insect collector inside if anything does develop.



*Not to self: Must write it down and keep it for future use when ego deflates life a soufflé.*

3 comments:

fishboy said...

Wonderful! That sounds so good - his words were perfect. And don't worry - insect collectors can be far more resilient than you think :)

eroica said...

oh, i do like the sound of that very much! and i look forward to hearing more soon! xxhug

helena said...

I've come to this late (and I'm working my way up the posts so this comment may now be wildly inappropriate although I hope it isn't) but it/he sounds fabulous!