Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm invited for afternoon tea at the Dorchester next week end!

I've browsed feverishly through my closet - I have nothing even remotely smart to wear!

It's official!
I'm frumpy!
My government might have to take my passport away!

 That's all. I've used up my daily quota of exclamation marks.

4 comments:

helena said...

Right...no matter what you professed in your earlier posts, "tea" is definitely a euphemism.

And no clothes? Frumpy? The answer's simple - Go shopping!

mc said...

No no, I think he really means 'tea'. That includes cucumber sandwiches and scones and all the paraphernalia.

I'd rather have something stronger, personally. Well, there is a tall slaphead I want to meet - I think I'll take him to a tapas bar when you eat with your fingers, and we'll drink red wine.

fishboy said...

The 'tea' might definitely be a euphemism if it's lapsang souchong. Just say that out loud, purr it: lapsang souchong. How sexy is that? It probably even means "get your gear off" in Mandarin.

Shame it tastes like smokey bilge-water but, hey, even more reason to skip the drinking of it in favour of other pursuits!

fishboy said...

As for the slaphead - sounds like a perfect date!