No, not the Comfy Chair !
I’m going to resist my schoolteacher tendency for the didactic approach and just tell you about my day. Just because I can.
So I fine-tuned and practiced my rusty social skills all day, dealing with rich parents who want to know why their money isn’t buying their sprogs garlands of A*. Funny how some of them tend to overlook determining factors such as motivation and personal work. After 5 hours of positively ice-melting smiles on my behalf, my face was hurting, so I went to sulk in some coffee place on the high street. Sulking is relaxing. Relaxing was the whole point – but, lo and behold, all the comfy chairs have vanished. Thou shalt be comfy no more. It’s the end of coffee house slobbing out.
There was some article in an economics publication some time ago about how the starbuckneropubliccafes of this world had decided that too much comfort was bad for business. Customers who park their ample behinds in an armchair stay parked too long. They don’t keep consuming – they read the Sunday papers instead. Couldn’t have that. So now we have measly plywood chairs. They’ll be removing the backs next.
Michel Simon dans un musée du sexe ?
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment