Friday, March 25, 2005

What?

Today’s highlight: I made brownies. Moist on the inside, crunchy on the outside. Just like armadillos.

I also had a conversation with my mother, except it took place inside my head. I was blaming her for my inability to throw myself 100% into anything, (making art, dancing at gigs, being in love) for fear that she’d laugh. I can’t report it in any more detail, cos I’m still a little sore from her jibes. Inside my head.

I know. Not getting any better.

7 comments:

Starling said...

Hmm.. maybe if you gave her a brownie she'd apologize? (oh! in your head of course..)

David said...

It's funny how we're always devastatingly witty or paralysed with inexpression inside our heads. Nothing in between.

Anonymous said...

I don't do any of those things (with the exception of being in love, which I do to the footballer's proverbial 110%) because I am afraid of the whole world laughing at me. If only it were only my mother...

PS When I drove past my local car park this morning it told me there were 666 places free. Now I see I am the 6666th visitor to your site. Could this mean something ?

mc said...

Iridescent - nice idea, ,but I don't want her to apologize, I want me to get over it and move the fuck on. And keep the brownies.

Greavsie - sometimes the paralysis goes beyond the lack of expression into almost total overall numbness..

mc said...

Waterhot - nice to see I'm not alone.. there's got to be some liberating workshop somewhere in Northern California that we could sign up for?
As to the insistance of 666 in your day, well..
I'm no fun. Nowhere near superstitious enough.

PPQ said...

I'm sorry - I can't articulate myself today as I am knackered...so here...have this... *monster hug*

PPQ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.