Rewind to the pipe fixin’
Ok, she says, imagine you’re the plumber, and you’re coming over to fix my pipes.
We both laugh, because that’s what people do. Don’t you?
But she’s intent.
- I’m a bored housewife, and you’re a big buff Black plumber guy..
- I am? I say, tentative, before taking a sip of my tea.
-Yeah, and you ring the bell, and you’re wearing your big tool belt. C’mon. What do you do next?
I smile, not sure she’s serious.
-C’mon. Just make it up. Tell me what you do. Tell me what you do to me, big beefy plumber man.
I look down at the table. It’s elaborately painted with swirls of yellow and bright pink and green. With my forefinger I play with the crumbs.
- you can do this; right? Make me a story. C’mon, how do you start? What do you say to me? Or do you just bend me over the table and fuck me?
- can’t this wait? I mean, it’s.. I mean.. I don’t know what I mean.
-c’mon, don’t be such a killjoy.
- sorry. It’s just that, I have to think about it.
- No you don’t. You have tons of imagination.
I stay silent for too long.
She was intent, she is now getting angry with me.
I can’t deliver. I’m being such a killjoy, such a let down.
I try to meet her eyes with a half apologetic, half amused glance, to try and not lose face completely. I try to make light of it. Too late, I won’t play the game, I’ve blown it. I’m such a disappointment. Again. As she stands up and piles up the breakfast plates, I wonder how I can make up for it later.
Michel Simon dans un musée du sexe ?
5 years ago
6 comments:
Fucking amazing post.
Please turn your RSS back on. Please. Please. Please?
Vanessa
Thank you, Vanessa.
It felt good to write it, and it felt better to have written it, although ten minutes later I sort of panicked, wondering if I'd made her sound like the bad guy. That's not what I wanted, because that's not what I felt.
I don't know about the RSS feed. Blogspot tells me it's one. Sorry it's not working, I don't know what's wrong.
PS : I'm horribly flattered.
Great post. I have a similar problem with my boyfriend: he wants me to talk dirty to him, I want him to talk dirty to me, but neither of us wants to be the one doing the talking. It's so...revealing? Even when you're naked. Also, so perilious. Like, what if you say the wrong thing and the other person is horrified? Or what if what you say just isn't hot enough? There should be a class. I'm sure there is at some adult education center somewhere.
www.ennui.motime.com
Oh, but let's get this right: I have no problem with the dirty talking, unihibited sex acrobatics, pretty much anything.
But I can't do instant role playing at the breakfast table.
I'm a failure.
There's quite a funny Chirs Rock routine on the web, called 'bad phone sex' about failing to talk dirty.
I don't think you made her out the bad guy, Y. I think, as it happens, she *is* the bad guy. There's a subtle difference.
What if you tried switching off the RSS feed for a week, then back on again (she wheedled)?
Vanessa
Ok, I'll try that thing with the RSS feed thing.
I don't know about her being the bad guy. It's tempting, of course; but I tend to put it down to just another Relationship Misunderstanding.
When I think of it, I have so many of those. *idea*
Post a Comment