Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Better rub me the right way

I’m aimless, for I don’t like waiting.
Well, a part of me enjoys being exquisitely tortured.
But after a while it’s just like the story of the genie in the bottle: at first, the genie who has been pushed in waits calmly for his master; but the master doesn’t come, so the genie gets increasingly more impatient and irate, and after a thousand years when the next random fisherman pulls out the stopper by mistake, the gene has become evil and all hell breaks loose.
Right?
So for the time being I’m being vacant, pissing about, waiting. I picked up the Primo Levi book I’m reading, then put it back; concentration camps don’t match my mood. I did some inane online quiz, then generated my Smurf name (it’s Queasy Smurf) . The mood is unmatched. Waiting. The part of me that enjoys being exquisitely tortured is getting more and more impatient. By Friday, all hell might break loose.

Roll on, Second Date. I need to know if I should book the U-Haul, you know?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gene has become evil and all hell breaks loose ? There I was reminiscing wistfully about I dream of Jeanie, and suddenly you throw me into some sort of sci-fi-disaster movie...

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but what is a U-Haul ? Is "booking the U-Haul" some sort of lesbian slang ? And if so, what on earth can "going halvsies on the U-Haul" signify, I wonder ? The mind boggles...

Starling said...

Lol, I put in the comment about going halvsies. A U-Haul is a moving truck and the things are expensive too! So offering to pay for half would rock for anyone! Hehehe

Y, you should see if she'll get together with you tomorow instead.? Just say you're bored and then *poof* kiss waiting goodbye!

David said...

I have visions of the Robin Williams Genie in the Disney cartoon Aladin....

mc said...

Waterhot - booking the u-haul is not slang, although it's definietly lesbian.. there's that joke about lesbians always moving in on the second date, you see. hence the U-haul - moving van..

Iridescent - Can't do tomorrow.. work gets in the way of life sometimes.

Greavsie - another perfect example of bloody Disney perverting good old fairytales..